Home » Other – Old quoted in New
Category Archives: Other – Old quoted in New
First to Last of Prayers based on Old Testament quoted in the New Testament
- Aug 4 2015 Hebrews 12:5-6 quoting Proverbs 3:11-12 and Deuteronomy 8:5
- Aug 5 2015 Mark 14:27 quoting Zechariah 13:7
- Aug 6 2015 Ephesians 4:4-8 quoting Psalm 68:18
- Aug 7 2015 1 Peter 2:4-6 quoting Isaiah 28:16
- Aug 8 2015 2 Corinthians 6:16 quoting Ezekiel 37:27
- Aug 9 2015 Acts 13:40-41 quoting Habakkuk 1:5 and 2 Kings 21:10-12 and Jeremiah 19:3 and 1 Samuel 3:11
- Aug 10 2015 Ephesians 5:13-14 quoting Isaiah 60:1
- Aug 11 2015 Hebrews 4:4 quoting Genesis 2:2-3
- Aug 12 2015 John 6:31 quoting Nehemiah 9:15
- Aug 13 2015 1 Peter 1:16 quoting Leviticus 11:44
- Aug 14 2015 1 Corinthians 3:19 quoting Job 5:13
- Aug 15 2015 Mark 10:19 quoting Exodus 20:12-16
- Aug 16 2015 Romans 15:8-9 quoting 2 Samuel 22:50 and Psalm 18:49
- Aug 17 2015 Matthew 5:33 quoting Numbers 30:2
- Aug 18 2015 James 4:6 quoting Proverbs 3:34
- Aug 19 2015 1 Corinthians 1:30-31 quoting Jeremiah 9:23-24
- Aug 20 2015 Romans 1:17 quoting Habakkuk 2:4
- Aug 21 2015 James 2:23 quoting Genesis 15:6 and 2 Chronicles 20:7
- Aug 22 2015 Luke 3:4-6 quoting Isaiah 40:3-5 plus Luke 3:8 and Luke 3:10-14
- Aug 23 2015 2 Corinthians 8:11-15 quoting Exodus 16:17-18
- Aug 24 2015 Matthew 12:40 quoting Jonah 1:17
- Aug 25 2015 1 Peter 3:10-12 quoting Psalm 34:12-16
- Aug 26 2015 Romans 11:2-4 quoting 1 Kings 19:9-10 and 1 Kings 19:18
- Aug 27 2015 Mark 11:17 quoting Isaiah 56:7
- Aug 28 2015 Luke 7:27 quoting Malachi 3:1
- Aug 29 2015 1 Timothy 5:17-18 quoting Deuteronomy 25:4 and Leviticus 19:13
- Aug 30 2015 Hebrews 13:5 quoting Joshua 1:5 and Joshua 1:9
- Aug 31 2015 Hebrews 12:26-29 quoting Haggai 2:6-7
- Sep 1 2015 Matthew 2:1-6 quoting Micah 5:2
- Sep 2 2015 Matthew 9:12-13 quoting Hosea 6:6
- Sep 3 2015 Acts 2:16-21 quoting Joel 2:28-32
- Sep 4 2015 Acts 15:15-18 quoting Amos 9:11-12
- Sep 5 2015 Matthew 24:11-15 quoting Daniel 12:10-11
- Sep 6 2015 2 Peter 2:20-22 quoting Proverbs 26:11
- Sep 7 2015 Hebrews 1:5 quoting Psalm 2:6-7 and 1 Chronicles 17:13
- Sep 8 2015 Galatians 5:13-14 quoting Leviticus 19:18
- Sep 9 2015 Romans 10:14-15 quoting Nahum 1:15
- Sep 10 2015 John 2:14-17 quoting Psalm 69:9
- Sep 11 2015 Matthew 4:4 quoting Deuteronomy 8:3
- Sep 12 2015 1 Corinthians 2:9-11 quoting Isaiah 64:4
Here are the 40 days of prayers based on Old Testament scriptures directly quoted in the New Testament:
- Oh what Wonders God has prepared for you since you love him!
- Seven Days Without God’s Word Makes One Weak :)
- Be zealous … be zealous for God!
- Walk before many people with good tidings and the gospel of peace
- Who in your tour group can serve the others the most? You can win this one Lindsey!
- We lift up the name of Jesus
- Guard your mind and heart from the corruption in the world around you
- Stay true and don’t let your love grow cold
- Seek after the Lord
- May God pour out his spirit on you, deliver you and show you great things
- God asks us to learn something … He desires mercy more than sacrifice
- Remember the humble beginning of Jesus, our Saviour, Lord and King
- Hold fast to the Lord during times of shaking!
- Be content and courageous every day. Never be afraid for God promised to never leave you.
- Show your gratitude and appreciation day by day
- Eagerly look for Jesus. Delight and celebrate his presence with you!
- Joyful in Prayer! Rejoice while Praying!
- You are NOT alone! Even Elijah at times felt alone, but wasn’t!
- Love life? Then watch your tongue, do good and pursue peace
- Fill your heart with good treasures
- Don’t look at what you are lacking. Look at your abundance while guarding your heart.
- What must you DO?
- Let your actions show that you believe God!
- Live By Faith
- When you boast, boast that you know Jesus
- Grace and Favor are Yours When You Remain Humble
- Walk with Integrity! Let your YES be YES and your NO be NO.
- Sing praises to God!
- Know the commandments (and DO them :)
- May God Grant You Discernment and Godly Wisdom
- Be Holy
- May God continue to be your provider!
- God rested. So should we!
- Jesus is the light within you. Let it shine brightly everywhere you go!
- Be one who admires! Be one who praises!
- God dwells in you, lives with you and walks with you every day
- Don’t Panic! Just rely, trust and believe in Jesus!
- Receive the gift of grace. Take hold of it. Make it yours.
- All the disciples scattered when Jesus was arrested… will you?
- Never forget that you are a child of God!
Heavenly Father, good morning. Thank you for my health, my heart and my head. Thank you for your word and for the scripture for today’s prayer for your daughter Lindsey:
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. (1 Corinthians 2:9-11)
This refers to Isaiah:
4 For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him. (Isaiah 64:4)
Lord, it’s me. I am here as usual to pray for Lindsey, your daughter who loves you. Today I pray wonders over you Lindsey. Just think! Think of all the wonderful and interesting things you have seen on your world travels. Think of all the cool things you have heard. This scripture reminds us that all of it … everything that you have seen and heard can’t compare to what God has prepared for those who love him as you do. And he loves you too! He really does! So, now I pray that God would give you a vision or dream of the things waiting for you. I pray that he would give you just a taste of the wonders waiting for you! And together let’s give the glory to him. All the glory is his. I pray this in the name and authority of Christ Jesus, King of kings. Amen (more…)